Roofing – Brooklyn Park, MDDecember 20, 2013
Roofing – Laurel, MDJanuary 17, 2014
We are your roofing experts in Crofton, MD. There are a few different options when you decide to replace your roof; but today we are going to focus on rubber roofing. Previously, we have gone over metal roofing and cedar shake roofing. Today, we will discuss five important things to remember if you decide to use rubber roofing.
- Cost – rubber roofing is extremely eco-friendly because the shingles are made out of recycled tires and plastic bags.
- Price – rubber roofing is a bit more expensive than the traditional asphalt roofing. But keep in mind, the durability of the rubber (please see #3).
- The durability of rubber roofing can be up to 75 years. As we mentioned before, regular asphalt shingles have an average life of 10-15 years, metal roofs have an average life of 30 years, and cedar shake roofing can last up to 30 years if properly maintained.
- Maintenance – rubber roof shingles are extremely easy to care for. Of course, just like with any roofing material, we still recommend checking for cracks, leaks, and any expansion in the rubber. But that is just regular maintenance.
- The rubber roof shingles hold up very well in all different types of weather, and is not loud like a metal roof would be when it is raining.
Call us today so we can talk more about the benefits with you about installing your rubber roofing. We offer free estimates, and our team of experts can help you decide if a rubber roof is the best option for your house.