We are your roofing experts in Laurel, MD. There are a few different options when you decide to replace your roof; but today we are going to focus on caring for a flat roof. Previously, we have gone over metal roofing, cedar shake roofing and rubber roofing. Today, we will discuss five important things to remember if you have a flat roof.
- Since it is flat; leaves and other things will likely settle on the roof (rather than falling off like in a regular pitched roof) it is important to clear it off. It’s as simple as just going on the roof and sweeping them off with a broom.
- Since snow and rain will also puddle on the roof, you should frequently check for any leaks or holes in the roof. You want to look for holes, tearing, and also feel around for any mushy spots.
- Cut any tree branches that may be hanging over the flat roof.
- Clear out your gutters twice a year.
- Be careful when you are walking on the roof. Your boots or shoes can damage it without you even knowing (whether it be by causing a hole or creating a mushy spot in the roof).
We also recommend having us come out once a year to inspect your flat roof. Call us today so we can talk more about how to properly maintain your flat roof. We offer free estimates, and our team of experts can help you with any of your roofing needs.